There are several ways to extract the follicles to be implanted. The strip extraction is the most common procedure, fastest, less preparation and already passed the test of time with respect to naturalness, surgical facility, a low transection (damage) follicular and lower cost.
Individual follicular unit extraction (FUE) is another excellent choice. Each has its advantages, indications and limitations. You see comparative table in section FUE Method
Step 1: Preparation for restoration follicular
Preparing for surgery is as important to the procedure itself. A complete medical evaluation is performed. If you are a candidate and decide on surgery, prepare a detailed surgical plan, all concerns will be answered, and laboratory tests as necessary will be requested. Also take photos and deliver preoperative instructions.
Our concern is that this experience enjoyable, convenient and safe.
The day of surgery begins with a detailed explanation of the steps of the procedure and the optimal design of the hairline, which should be similar to concrete in the query. Once confirmed the plan and strategy surgical procedure itself begins.
The donor area, located at the sides and back of the scalp is the area where you can extract the follicles. The hair here is resistant to the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and this hair does not fall even if you change to another’s head.
With the method throws a piece of tissue (strip) is removed according to the number of grafts needed measures vary in size and can have from 2 to 22 cm in length and from 0.3 to 2 cm wide. For this first demarcates the area, the site peluquea and local anesthetic.
The surgeon makes an incision Elliptical Edge removing the donor tissue.
The incision is closed with absorbable material, not having to bother with removal of stitches or clips, plus get better cosmetic results.
Closes on two deep and superficial planes bearing in mind the direction of the follicles in that area (Trichophyticus close) to further enhance the cosmetic result of this.
In addition, the scar is so thin and it covers her hair around, that even in patients wearing the hair short it shows nothing.
We know that the cosmetic results of the donor area are as important as in the hairline.
In this step, with the aid of magnification and stereoscopic microscope or magnifying high resolution, it is carefully dissected tissue was resected. This process requires a lot of manual skill, training and experience, all these prerequisites HairDoctors team.
Grafts are grouped depending on whether one, two or more follicles to be transplanted to the site indicated.
In preparing the grafts are stored at low temperatures and ice-cold saline to prolong their survival “outside” the body. For mega sessions is preferable not to take the whole fabric of one, but the top half and the rest a few hours later.
Paso 5: Incisions
Direction as the hair grows on the head is unique to each person, however still a coronal pattern to respect and imitate when deciding which direction the incisions where the follicle after planting are made.
Coronal pattern means it forward from the crown, back and sides follicles born following a definite direction (like the spokes of a bicycle where the shaft is half and spokes extending outward).
The surgeon makes a tiny cut (about the size of a needle), following these different angles and directions to recreate a natural hairline. The previous front line also must recreate imitating nature, ie with symmetry, but with jagged edges, with satellite follicles and acute angles and of course in the case of men, respecting recessions (entries) normal according to the physiognomy of the head.
Grafts that have been carefully prepared are placed in these holes. These openings are so small that the bleeding is minimal and borders around them to help hold the graft. The natural result is achieved by implementing a single skin grafting in the previous area and follicles with two or more hairs in the posterior areas.
Our estimate of how to determine the number of follicles that can be transplanted is as follows: The length and width of the strip by the average density. For example, if a strip of 10 cm x 1 cm x 85 UF 850 that gives follicles is removed. (85 UF in a centimeter is a normal average density of the occipital area. That can vary a lot). The maximum length is about 22 cm and width 1.3 cm to avoid becoming too much tension and the scar note. The idea is that the line is undetectable. So the serious things 22 x 1.3 x 85 = 2431 approximately maximum follicles (The maximum for a mega session).
The final number of follicular units transplanted determining factor is the density per cm2 of donor posterior part.
The initial density, the elasticity and density of the self donor area of each patient, determine the outcome of the transplant.
Step 7: The new hair and new look
- Activities such as walking cycling or office work can be performed without any problem. At the end of the process is seen as a covering of white little points . This is the top of the grafts ( terminal tip above ) forming a small scabs , which usually disappear completely on the seventh day .
- Addition of some swelling and edema of the anesthetic liquid . This depends on the amount of anesthetic has been needed and disappears early days. The good news is that this ” rash ” ( as he describes those who do not know what happened ) , is not painful or disabling. Do not expose to sunlight or perform heavy exercise .
- Between the first and the second month of the new hair begins to appear . The speed with which rises and grows varies , but is about an inch per month.
- At first, when the scabs fall off , they may include some hair . This hair is not the root but the hair shaft . Falling or not these stems not affect the course of transplantation.
- Often initially observe the new thin , wavy and even curly hair shafts , but keep growing the appearance changes to a more natural and definitive . This slow growth is sometimes preferred by many of our patients , as they allow friends and family do not perceive a sudden change in appearance.